To make this amazing Vegan Dahl Recipe You will need:
- Add the rinsed split peas to a saucepan, for every cup of peas we are going to add 4 cups of water. Cook for about 40-50 minutes until you obtain the desired consistency. If you have a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot this step is going to take about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a hot pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil along with the cumin and garam masala. Fry these spices for a few minutes and add the garlic. Sautee this for a few more minutes and add the ginger. Keep stirring and add the chopped onion.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the onion is translucent and add the cooked peas.
- Season with salt and add the paprika or chili powder and stir to combine.
- If the consistency of the peas is too thick you can now add 1/4 cup of water and stir.
- Add Black pepper and taste to see if you need to fix the flavor.
- Cook for a few more minutes and it will be ready!
- Serve with a little bit of coriander on top to decorate, it also adds freshness to the dish. As an option, you can also squeeze half a lime at the end to add a bit of nice acidity.
This dish is traditionally served with Roti or Naan Bread, but you can also serve it with white rice.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe if you did please subscribe to my channel that way you can be notified of my recipes every Sunday. See you soon! 🙂