FOR THIS NOODLE RECIPE YOU WILL NEED:
- Asian noodles, these noodles usually come in divided portions, so use 5.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 500 gr of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 gr of green beans
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Sweetener of choice
HOW TO COOK THE DISH:
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Cut all of the veggies in julienne style or in thin strips and mince the garlic
- In a hot pan with one tbsp of olive oil add the onion and the garlic, mix together and cook for a bit until the garlic starts to brown. Add then the carrot and season it with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and when the onion starts to sweat (or to be translucent) add the bell peppers.
- Continue cooking and stirring occasionally.
- Add soy sauce to taste, I used about 1/4 cup. If your soy sauce is not sweet, add a sweetener to taste. you can use sugar, maple syrup, agave, pineapple jam, etc
- Add spices, I used black and cayenne pepper, oregano, and parsley.
- Taste it and add more salt or spices if needed.
- Time to add the mushrooms and the green beans and continue cooking.
- Once the veggies are tender, turn off the heat and add the noodles. TIP: It is easier to mix everything together with chopsticks rather than forks or any other utensils because these noodles are so long and they tangle together very easily.
- Now that our dish is ready it´s time to serve! You can add more soy sauce on top or SRIRACHA which is a very hot Asian sauce that makes every dish better.
I really hope you liked this recipe, if you did, please follow me on facebook and instagram and share this recipe with all your friends and family! See ya soon!