Today marks day 12 of Isolation for us here in Sydney and while for the first week I had been cooking every day, inspired to make fun and delicious meals, we started to realize we missed eating out sometimes!
During these times of uncertainty, we choose to stay home and have the least possible contact with other people to minimize exposure to the virus so I figured It was time to make these delicious burritos at home!
For this Restaurant Style Mexican burritos you will need:
- Tortillas of your choice, the ones I could find were very small but the bigger the better!
- Greens of choice, I have mixed green leaves
- Beans of choice, I used canned Mexican pinto beans, you can also make my Instant Pot version of Mexican Chili for this recipe, it will be way tastier!
- Meat of choice, I decided to put vegan bacon in this burritos but vegan mince would work really nice too! If you don´t have access to vegan meat substitutes you can easily make some vegan mince at home with some TVP, recipe coming soon!
- Avocado, of course!
- Sauteed veggies, this is optional but highly recommended, I sauteed some red onion and mushrooms with paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. These veggies take the burritos to the next level, they add a lot of flavor!
- Vegan Cheese of choice, this is optional but highly recommended too.
- And the most important ingredient… HOT SAUCE!
- One a pan on medium-high heat we are going to sautee the onions with a tbsp of oil until they are translucent.
- Once the onions are perfectly cooked add the chopped mushrooms and cook until we get a nice golden brown color. I’m just adding salt, cumin, paprika, and black pepper. By the end, the onions should be a little caramelized and the mushrooms nice and golden brown!
- Put the veggies aside and let´s cook the bacon, add another tbsp of oil to your pan and brown up the bacon, since I was going this on my Instant Pot my bacon crumbled up, but if you are using a non-stick pan your bacon should keep its shape.
- After your vegan meat is nice and brown we are ready to put these burritos together!
Stack your Burritos!
- On a tortilla, I´m adding: Some green leaves, sauteed veggies, crispy bacon, Mexican style beans, avocado, vegan cheese, jalapeños, and hot sauce!
- Wrap your burritos and put them back on the pan to toast if you can! This will melt the cheese and combine everything really nicely! y listo amigos! You´ve got some amazing restaurant-style burritos at home!
This was super quick and easy to make, honestly, it took me like 15 minutes all together! We loved this recipe and were very satisfied afterward! I hope you do too!! Hasta pronto amigos.