TO MAKE THIS PUMPKIN SOUP YOU WILL NEED:
- 1kg of pumpkin
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Seasonings to taste, I’m using cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano, and parsley.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Cut all of your veggies: Cut the pumpkin in chunks or 2-3cm cubes. Finely dice your onion and garlic.
- Once your oven is on the right temperature, put the pumpkin on a baking sheet with some olive oil and bake for about 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and soft. This time may variate depending on your oven.
- In the meantime, add some olive oil to a pan and sautee the garlic with all the spices. For 1kg of pumpkin, I added 1tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp of the rest of the seasonings. You can also add some nutmeg or cinnamon to make it more wintery.
Let the spices cook for a couple of minutes with the garlic so that all the flavors come together and the magic starts! after this add the diced onion.
When the onion becomes translucent is time to add the pumpkin, mix it well with your wooden spoon and mash it a bit with the spoon.
When all the flavors have come together add 1 glass of water and blend until you get the desired texture.And that’s it, comfort food, easy, fast and plant-based for these cold days!