TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE YOU wiLL NEED:
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of milk of your choice, I´m using oat milk
- 1/3 cup of oats
- Ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter or nut butter of choice.
Here are some great reasons not to consume dairy:
- It reduces the levels of iron in kids.
- It contributes to the lack of Vitamin E.
- Produces mucus.
- It´s full of fat and cholesterol.
- It contains a lot of sugar in lactose which makes it difficult to digest.
- It has been linked to heart disease.
Among others, so use Plant milk, it’s way better anyway!
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Add all your ingredients to your blender and blend until you get the desired texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
BENEFITS OF THIS BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE:
- The oat milk is very easy to digest, it´s full of carbohydrates and monounsaturated fats that provide energy to our body. It´s also rich in Vitamin B.
- Bananas are full of potassium, which helps to transport the oxygen to our brain, contains Vitamins B6 and C. It´s also energizing.
- Strawberries are diuretic, which means they help the body to get rid of the excess of liquid that we might have in our body. They help our body to eliminate toxins. They´re rich in Vitamin C, which helps our body to remove bad cholesterol or LDL Cholesterol.
- Oats are very rich in nutrients, make us feel full for longer due to the fiber content, they help regulate blood sugar.
- Peanut butter keeps us full for longer as it is protein-rich, it´s high in calories but it provides good fats (which helps us to eliminate the “bad” fats) and it´s very energizing.
As you can see this is a very complete breakfast that will provide you with enough energy for a workout or any morning. It´s a perfect option for those days that you´re in a hurry. So yeah, this is it for today, I´m heading to the gym know!