I came out with this recipe a few years ago in Sydney, so I picked up the camera and filmed the whole process.
This is such an easy and delicious recipe, It took me about 15 minutes to make!
For this Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry you will need:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a medium onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 small can of coconut milk (or 1/2 a normal size can)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Spices: 1/2 tsp of whole cumin seeds, ground cumin, turmeric, garam masala, ground coriander, ginger powder, and salt. 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- 1 cup of canned tomatoes or a neutral tomato sauce
- Chilli powder, flakes or sauce to taste
How to make it:
- Steam the cauliflower florets for about 15 minutes or until tender
- Put a pan on medium heat, add the oil and the whole cumin seeds. Fry for a few minutes until the seeds have released their flavor.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for a few minutes until soft. From now on, add water gradually when needed or oil if you prefer.
- Add the minced garlic and keep stirring.
- Now we are going to season with all the spices but the salt. Mix everything around, add some water if needed, and keep sauteing for a few more minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the tomato sauce and bring the heat back up.
- Pour the coconut milk as well and mix everything together.
- Now add salt to taste and also check the flavors, add more of any other spices if needed.
- And that´s it! I highly recommend you to add some chili powder or chili flakes on top and also some fresh coriander, it really makes a difference!